A Parent’s Guide to Autism
If your child has recently been diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder, you have come to the right place.
A Parent’s Guide to Autism was developed as part of Autism Speaks’ series of Family Support Tool Kits to support you and promote a positive future for your child and family during an often challenging time.
You are not alone in this journey and this guide is a step toward finding the help you need to travel the road to optimal outcomes for you, your child and your family.
- Response to the Diagnosis
- Your Role as a Parent
- Ten Things a Parent Can Do to Help their Child with Autism
- Building a Support Network
- Taking Care of Yourself
- Personal Story: How I Let Go of My Expectations and Learned Unconditional Love
- Frequently Asked Questions